FUN THINGS TO DO
Winter Fun Awaits!
Spotlight: The Great Sand Dunes
Did you know southern Colorado is home to the tallest sand dunes in North America? Great Sand Dunes National Park, located near Alamosa, has a few dunes towering over 700 feet! This national park has something to offer visitors year-round. Looking to shake things up this winter? Try sledding or snowboarding down snow-covered dunes. For all the details you need to plan your next winter adventure, check out UCHealth's article "Great Sand Dunes National Park: Gaze at the stars or sled the dunes" article by Katie Kerwin McCrimmon.
The Great Outdoors
One of the great things about living on the Colorado Front Range is that we have easy access to one of the best outdoor playgrounds in the world, the Rocky Mountains. Couple that with community open space and trails, and you could spend an entire summer exploring. Check out some of the quick links below and enjoy!
- Explore Community Trails & Open Space: Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Windsor, Johnstown-Milliken, Estes Park
- Larimer County Open Spaces & Trails
- Weld County Open Spaces & Trails
- Poudre River Trail Corridor
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- The Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland
- Pawnee National Grassland
Be sure to check out our Community Calendar for a detailed breakdown of how you can support and connect with our communities!